October/November 2011 Breed Feature
On our cover
Gr Ch Kabova Afraid Of The Dark
Australia’s first ever
GRAND CHAMPION Black Pug Bitch!
Kabova Pugs are handled by
Jenny Williams & Kelly Scott (Foxscott Terriers)
Owned by Jenny & Philip Williams www.kabova.com
Read our October / November 2011 issue in full online - FREE
Or download as a low resolution PDF for offline reading - FREE
Another issue filled with coverage of the winners at Australia’s major events, sincere thanks as always to our photographers who provide us with such great photos, we are always so grateful to them.
As usual we also have heaps of great editorial material, highlighting not only the showing side of our world but also the fun side of our sport, many important activities, achievements, developments and matters of concern with which we all need to keep abreast in order to continue our enjoyment and responsibility in owning, breeding and maintaining dogs in their all important role in the community and so many people’s lives.
Tributes appear in this issue recording the sad passing of two of the esteemed members of our dog world, Alan Wilton and Bill Egan, and as we go to press the sad news has reached us of the loss of another valued esteemed member, Margaret Spira, and we would be very grateful if someone could also send us a vale and photo for Margaret.
Stop press: the important meeting about the future of the Queensland dog world was held on Wednesday night 9 November, to decide whether the members want to move towards democracy or remain under the umbrella of the Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland.
As has been the case in the other States when this crucial decision has been made, according to reports the meeting was somewhat heated and the result only created more confusion. Now it remains to be seen what happens next and when. See article page 7.
- ANKC letter to the RSPCA
- Incorporation Mandate Rejected - Kathryn McKay
- Australian Corgi Receives Letter From The Queen
- Dogs NSW Urgent Update On Proposed Industrial Waste Dump
- Dogzonline Exploited Breeds
- Rutland Dandy - the way many of us remember our childhood dogs
- Dingo Came Earlier and By Different Route - Bob Beale
- Vale Alan Wilton
- Vale Bill Egan
- First high field (magnet) MRI for animals in NSW
- Lizzie Bay Dog Show!
- Dogs in the Quad
- Performance Corgis
- Dogs NSW Says NO/Baillieu Cracks Down on Illegal Puppy Farming
- Collars Not Cruelty
- The British Scene - Geoff Corish
- Team Crufts/Cardigan Corgi notes
- Bankok floods
- Vets Beyond Borders
- Letters/FCI Centenary World Champion of Champions
- UK Kennel Club Advisor To Help NZ Earthquake Dogs